Sun, Apr 30|
Stone Valley Middle School
Coming Together for a Taste of Israel@75. Presented by the Contra Costa JCC in partnership with local synagogues and organizations.
Time & Location
Apr 30, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM PDT
Stone Valley Middle School, 3001 Miranda Ave, Alamo, CA 94507, USA
About the Event
Join us for a community-wide celebration of Israel's 75th birthday in the East Bay!
The Contra Costa JCC is proud to present this program in partnership with the following organizations: Beth Chaim Congregation, Congregation Beth Emek, Congregation B'nai Israel of Rossmoor, Congregation B'nai Shalom, Congregation B'nai Tikvah, Consulate General of Israel Pacific Northwest, Contra Costa Jewish Day School, Contra Costa Midrasha, Diablo Valley Hadassah, FIDF, Hebrew Free Loan, Independent Jewish World Cinema, Israeli American Council, JEICOR, Jewish Agency for Israel, Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund, NCJW-Contra Costa, Shevet Egoz, and Temple Isaiah.
There is something for everyone at IsraFEST75. Here is the list of some of our activities.
- Visit our “Shuk HaCarmel” for Israeli food & snacks including borekas and hummus, plus Israel@75 souvenirs.
- Youth 3 – 13 will enjoy interactive activities: observing desert fauna; visiting a Bedouin tent for mint tea & a poetry reading; making a mezuzah; discover the wonders of Israeli innovation; journeying to Tel Aviv for a round of Matkot; visiting a replica of the Kotel, and much, much more.
- Enjoy live musical performances by Rabbi Larry Milder, Eric Schoen, "The Three Cantors" and the Temple Isaiah Mizmor Band. At 1:15 PM, Israeli singer Noa Levy and her band will present a concluding concert!
- If movies are your thing, drop by for our Israeli short film series.
- Learn about the FIDF’s “Lone Soldier” program from a participant.
- Curious about your roots? Genealogist Margalit Ir will share her inside tips for discovering more about your ancestors.
- Rabbi Lawrence from Temple Isaiah will lead a discussion on Israeli music.
- Kick up your heels at our Israeli folk dancing classes.
- Take a group picture at our photo booth with beautiful backdrops of Israeli scenes.
- Food trucks will join us onsite: Kona Ice and StarChaat Indian vegetarian food.
Admission is free. Pre-register by Friday, April 28, and save time on entry on Sunday, April 30. Before you check out, enter the number of adults and children tickets you need and fill the registration form once. You will immediately receive your order confirmation email, including your ticket(s), to scan on that day. Registrations that include multiple tickets will have a .pdf attachment in the confirmation email. If you don't see this email, please check your spam/junk folder to retrieve it. We suggest adding email@example.com to your contacts in advance.
Directions to Stone Valley Middle School in Alamo: https://goo.gl/maps/FL5k6hUwpzATkfdf9
Important: There is parking in front of the school and along the adjacent streets (Ina Drive, David Drive, etc.) However, there is no parking on Miranda. We recommend carpooling with friends and family.
All bags are subject to security checks. We also recommend bringing transparent bags if possible. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to celebrating Israel's 75th birthday with you!